Talon seeks investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of industries. We invest in under performing, cyclical, slow
and rapid growth, and mature businesses.
- Financials - Entities with revenues between $5 million and $50 million and earnings before interest, taxes,
depreciation and amortization ("EBITDA") between $1 million and $5 million
- Location - Throughout North America (preferably east of the Rockies)
- Industries - Mature companies within micro industries, industry segments or regions below $300 million
Please call or email to discuss our investment criteria in further detail. We welcome all inquires including direct inquires
from owners and management teams as well as intermediaries. We pay referral fees on closed transactions.
Typical Investment Scenarios
Talon desires to partner with shareholders who are firmly committed to the future of their business yet have a desire for
liquidity or management teams who seek a partner to facilitate a buyout or growth.
- Generational Transition - Senior family member(s) seek to transition leadership and/or ownership to the next
generation and provide them with meaningful economic opportunity. Also, senior family member(s) seek
significant personal liquidity to diversify net worth and facilitate estate planning.
- Cash-Out Inactive Shareholders - Management shareholders seek to provide inactive or retiring shareholders
- Asset Diversification - Shareholder desires to diversify net worth while retaining operational control and an
- Partners for Acquisition - Shareholder sees opportunity to improve company's competitive position, yet desires
partner to share financial risk and provide additional expertise and resources.
- Management Buyout - Management seeks partner to facilitate buyout of closely-held business.
- Expediency - Ability to close transactions within 30 to 45 days.
- Certainty of Close - No financing contingencies. When we decide to pursue an acquisition we can close.
- Flexibility - Acquisition of stock, assets, bank debt, and/or other securities, and cash infusion for liquidity.
- Responsive and Discrete - A timely and professional response is provided to all inquiries, and all information is
treated in the strictest of confidence.
- Operation Expertise - Senior operating professionals which coach management in their effort to improve
operations through the Talon System based on Lean Thinking.
- Integrity - Focused on integrity in all our dealings.